Susie's Blog

Susie Jennings is the founder and president of Operation Care Dallas, Inc. A non-profit organization whose purpose is ministering to the homeless people in Dallas,TX. To find out more about Operation Care Dallas, visit www.operationcaredallas.org

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Operation Care - Houston?

God gets the attention of His people in a host of different ways. I was reminded of one recently when I received a special email from a nurse in Houston.

"Is there anything like this happening in Houston? Is there anything that you know of like your program in Houston? If not, do you offer training for starting up a program as effective as yours is? I have been reading about all the good that you are doing and we coulld use some of that down here! I am in Pearland, south of Houston. I read about your work in Advance for Nurses. I cried. God gave you an amazing heart for people! The first thing I thought was how could I do something like that here in Houston?! There are many organizations here, ie: Star of Hope, that are transitional living or church run soup kitchens or health clinics run by physicians. Nothing that goes out to where the people are and ministers to them there or nothing where nurses with a heart for God can help. I just am amazed by the heart of your organization and want to say thank you to you for doing all you are doing!"

One of the dreams of Operation Care - Dallas, Inc. is to expand. My response:
"We have not started in any other areas, but the vision is that we will be able to go to other cities and with God's help will be able to start Operation Care - Houston or California, New York or etc... We want God's name proclaimed all over the nation, celebrating Jesus' birthday wherein the guests of honor are the outcasts and the forgotten of society."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home